I am a big believer in the power of the mind. I watched "The Secret", and have read various books on the subject. A really good one to read is, "The Power of the Subconscious Mind" by Joseph Murphy. It's very helpful and gives you a lot of visuals to create in your mind. I found it really encouraging. I am also a fan of Louise Hay's book, "You Can Heal Your Life". There is actually a DVD that accompanies the book if you like. I have it and it is very good. Anyway, her book talks about many different illnesses that happen to us in life, and how we can heal them with positive affirmations. Our thoughts are extremely powerful, and many times they can present themselves in different ways in the body. Louise Hay has worked with many people any discovered a long time ago, that each illness is connected to certain thought and feelings, or even experiences that we have had in our lives. In her book, there is a chart for various illnesses. The chart is filled with all kinds of problems from A-Z. She provides the illness, then in the next column, she provides a possible reason/thought process for why you have this illness. In the final column, she provides a positive affirmation to release the negative thoughts/reason, and hopefully in doing so, heals the illness. I looked through the chart to find cancer.
This is what I found:
Probable cause - "Deep Hurt. Longstanding resentment. Deep secret or grief eating away at the self. Carrying hatreds. "What's the use?"
The new thought pattern she provides is "I lovingly forgive and release all of the past. I choose to fill my world with joy. I love and approve of myself".
I decided to type it out on the computer, and print it out for my grandma. I cut it out, and taped it to her bathroom mirror. I told her to read if when she sees it. I'm not sure if she actually does or not, but I leave it there just in case. She may not look at it everyday, but if she notices it and reads it sometimes, that's better than never at all.
Here is a picture of the book
Here are some other affirmation you can say for yourself.
"I am so thankful for my healthy body"
"I am so thankful for my healthy cells"
"Thank you for my healthy organs" (You can go through them specifically according to what you need)
"I am so incredibly grateful that my cells are healthy and they protect my body and keep me safe"
You can also, actually say thank you to your body, and your cells. Thank them as if you would be thanking a friend for helping you with something.
You can do any variation on these affirmations. Do what works for you, and resonates with you. These are some I say every morning.
EFT - Emotional Freedom Technique
This is a technique that is based on the meridians of the body. Just like accupuncture uses needles to open energy flow on the meridians of the body, EFT does the same thing, without needles. The technique uses your fingers to tap various points on the body. There are many you tube videos that you can find for various issues. Nick Ortner has a great movie out called , "The Tapping Solution". I have also found a great series of you tube videos by a man named Brad Yates. He has several really good videos for healing. If you just type in "Brad Yates Healing", you will find many videos. Go through them all, or pick the ones that look good to you. I really believe that it helps.
Recently I found another video on you tube that shared a good technique for healing the body. I think it sounds like something good to try. I have tried it a few times, and I will keep working on it. This is a link to that video:
How to Heal your Body using your Mind
Meditation helped my grandma's blood pressure.
My grandma's blood pressure became very high. I didn't want to have to take her to the doctor for that, so I was hoping that I could find something to help her before it came to that. It never really came down to a good reading so, I did call the doctor and got her in to see someone. Her regular doctor was not in so we saw another doctor. He was very nice, and told us that she could just be anxious. So he decided to put her on another pill in addition to the one she was already taking. He said the pill she was taking could not be raised any more to a higher dose. So he added another blood pressure pill. She took that for a while, and was doing ok, but still had some issues with her blood pressure. In March 2014, I took her to see her regular doctor. In the office her blood pressure was 217, so the doctor had her start taking the new pill twice a day. So now she takes her original blood pressure pill plus the extra one she was prescribed twice a day. The doctor told me to check her blood pressure every other day, but I was anxious to know how it was doing so I checked it every day. It was still pretty high for a while. It was in the 160-190 range, but at least it wasn't over 200 anymore. Because it was still high, I wondered if it could be her anxiety that was causing her high blood pressure. Her youngest son (my uncle) was also going through cancer, and I wondered if it was affecting her blood pressure. She also tends to worry about a lot of little things all the time. So I called the doctor and asked if we could try a pill for anxiety. I was really just calling to ask about it, and the next thing I know, they are calling us back telling us that we could pick it up at the pharmacy. We picked it up, but by that time I had another thought about what we could do to bring down her blood pressure. I had stumbled upon a meditation video on you tube. It was a meditation for physical well being from Abraham-Hicks. I had been listening to a different one from them for myself and wondered if I could get my grandma to listen to it. I asked her and she was willing, so I put it on for her. I wasn't recording her readings at the time, so I don't have exact numbers, but I do remember taking her blood pressure before and after the meditation and it had dropped into the 140's after the meditation. So from there on out, I decided to keep trying the meditations. My grandma didn't want to take another pill anyway, and she hasn't had to take the anxiety pill at all. I do have some records of her blood pressure reading before and after that are pretty dramatic. In May 2014, my uncle was visiting for my grandma's birthday and Mother's Day. The dates are pretty close together. I decided to check her blood pressure while he was there to watch. The first time I took it on the right arm, the reading was 173/67 with a pulse of 54. Her left arm reading was, 163/93 with a pulse of 53. Her pulse always seems to stay steady in the 50's. So after that reading, I pulled up the meditation on my phone, and had her stay in the same chair she was already sitting in. I started the meditation and let it get going before I started the blood pressure cuff. When the reading was done, her right arm had dropped to 148/62 with a pulse of 53. Her left arm reading came down to 145/65 with a pulse of 53. My uncle couldn't believe that it had dropped so dramatically in a matter of minutes just from listening to this meditation. I told him that it probably had something to do with the breathing technique that is involved with it. It's really a great one, because you hear some very positive things in it, and throughout the meditation, they actually say, "breathe in, breathe out". I believe very much that it has helped her blood pressure come down. It helps her relax and she is also getting some positive reinforcement for physical well being in the background, whether she is aware of it or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment