I talked to my grandma about it, and explained that we could call the Oncologist and get that test done while she was getting the other tests done for her primary doctor. I asked her if she wanted to know or if she cared what the numbers were. She seemed to be fine with it. I checked and doubled checked with her to make sure that she was ok with getting this other test done. I said, "ok, so it's ok for me to call and get the lab slip? I'm going to call the oncologist, and we will get the tests done at the same time you are getting your other tests done. That way they don't have to stick you twice. Then we are going to probably have to make an appointment to find out what the numbers are." Again she was fine with it. So I made the call, and picked up the slip. When I went to pick up the lab slip, the nurse that I talked to one the phone gave it to me. She asked me how my grandma was doing. I told her that she was doing really well. I told her that she wasn't having any trouble going to the bathroom, and that she was getting around really well. The nurse just said ok good. I think she was expecting a different answer. She probably thought that I would have said the opposite. I told her we just wanted to find out how her numbers were. I told her that I hoped they weren't any worse.
A couple of days later I took my grandma to the lab, and then we went out to breakfast. The appointment with the oncologist was set for the next week. Monday Feb. 25, 2013. We went about our daily activities and continued to think positive thoughts. It was a little nerve wracking because those doubtful thoughts have a way of creeping in. You start to think what if it's worse. Then I try to knock those thoughts out replace them with the good ones. I thought about the fact that she is still doing the same things she had been doing. She was very good about taking her turmeric and ginger, and of course drinking her juice. Knowing all of this, I figured it had to be good results.
So when the appointment came around, I took my grandma to the oncologists office. They took us into an exam room, and the nurse asked all the questions. Basically going down the list of any problems that might be occurring. She said no to all, except the question about sweating. She has had some issues with sweating. Other than that she answered no to everything else. The nurse took her vitals, and everything was perfect.
The doctor came in, and asked my grandma to sit up on the table. We both helped her up so that he could exam her stomach, and check her breathing. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it went something like this:
Doctor: So, is she taking any medication?
Me: No. She looked at the prescription you gave her, and decided that she didn't want to take it because of the side effects.
Doctor: So she is still just on the supplements and juicing?
Me: Yep.
Doctor: Well, on my end, her numbers look good.
Me: Really?!?!
The doctor sat down next to me, and showed me the chart. Her numbers had dropped again. That was so exciting. To not only be able to drop them once, but to do it a second time. Wow! Her number had dropped from 231.4 down to 166. That's a total of 176.3 points in 6 months without doing anything but juicing and choosing the right foods/supplements. That was really exciting and also a bit of a relief. I asked him if I could get a copy of that so I could show the rest of the family. He said, "sure, you can get a copy". So he joked and said we should open up an office next door for you and you could have your own practice. I joked back and said, "sign me up". We laughed, and then he stepped out of the room to sign some papers, and while my grandma and I were getting her ready to leave, I heard the doctor say something to the nurses. He said, "When you get lucky, you get lucky". My family and I know that it has been a whole lot more than luck. I was not offended by that at all. I kind of feel like he didn't know how else to comprehend what he has been seeing. When we went out of the room, I asked the doctor again for a copy because I wasn't sure if he was really serious about giving me one. He said, "yes, just give me a minute". So I said, oh ok, and we waited. He gave the nurses the papers and asked them to make a copy for me, and then he walked off. We got the copy and left feeling really excited to share the news.
I wish this picture was clearer, but I think you can see what it says. Pretty awesome!
We are still on the right track.

No comments:
Post a Comment