We know that stress plays a major role in our health. My mom has had a lot of stress with her mother and sisters over the years. This really caused her blood sugar to increase. We also know that nutrition is amazing at healing the body of many illnesses. We can control a lot, by paying attention to what we eat. Cutting out sugar, and carbs was always a great help. Making sure you get lots of water throughout the day is also a great way to hydrate yourself and flush the body of excess toxins.
After years of having high blood sugar off and on, my mom has developed diabetic nerve damage just in this last year. She was feeling numb on her left side just above her hip. She was also getting these horrible sharp pains, like an electrical pulse shooting through her. It was happening several times a day, every day. It was very hard to watch her in such pain and not be able to fix it.
I did what I do best. I started researching for natural ways to heal or reverse diabetic nerve damage. The one thing that kept coming up, was ALA or Alpha Lipoic Acid. "ALA is an antioxidant found in the body and also synthesized by plants and animals". This comes from a great article from Dr. Axe that explains the amazing things ALA does in the body.
After reading all the amazing things ALA can do, and finding an article that says in other countries, ALA is the main form of treatment for diabetics/neuropathy, I headed for our local health and nutrition store. There was a great consultant there who helped me. I asked him about ALA and another one I read about called R-ALA. I read that R-ALA is a more pure form of ALA. When they make ALA, it is combined of 2 forms. A synthetic form and a natural pure form. The R-ALA is just made of the natural pure form. The consultant confirmed that and also recommended Chromium. He said I should get my mom the R-ALA and have her take 1 in the morning, and also the Chromium and that she should take 2 with breakfast. He said she would see a significant decrease in the nerve pain she was having. She has been taking them for about a month and a half, and she has only had 2-3 days separately, of pain. She said that even on those days, it's nothing compared to what it used to be.
Nutrition is amazing and can do amazing things for our bodies. Do your research and see if this is something that might be good for you. I always say, if the doctors and medicines aren't helping or can't help anymore, than try some of these natural things. You never know how it might work for you. If you tolerate it well and get good results, than continue on with it. If not, then stop.
I was so excited to find out about this book called, "7 Steps To Health - Big Diabetes Lie". It goes right along with everything I have been learning about with my grandma and my mom. You will find so much information in this book. They even talk about Chromium in the book. It really just confirms everything I have researched and found to do amazing things. I hope you will check it out and that it will help you and your loved ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment