I have also been trying to think of anything I could, to figure out if there was anything in her diet that might be contributing in any way. Of course, I have been thinking about this for the past few years, which is how long they have been telling us about this problem. Something occurred to me about a month ago. I was thinking about the juice that we juice for her. We add in all kinds of different vegetables and fruits. I always put in beets because I know that they are are a liver cleanser. Another thing they do is cleanse the blood. I started thinking about that and wondered if the beets could be "cleansing" the sodium out of her blood. So, the last time we made juice, we left out the beets. I wanted her to drink it for at least a week before I took her for her blood test.
Today, I got a phone call from the doctor's office. The nurse told me that the test results were in and that my grandma's sodium levels were better. So we are to follow up in March. This was kind of exciting news to hear. Her sodium levels have not been good, or even ok for a long time. I don't know if it was the change in meds, or the beets, or a little of both, but I am sure glad that results came back better. I will leave the beets out from now on, and see if we can get her levels up to a normal reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment