Saturday, July 9, 2016

Diatomaceous Earth

I have heard of diatomaceous earth(D.E.) before. I used it a couple of years ago to try and kill some bugs in the house. So I knew of it, and I think I had even heard that you could drink it as long as you had 100% food grade. For whatever reason, I didn't pursue it then. Recently, I saw a post about it on facebook, and I decided to really look into it. I watched a video on you tube that was very informative and really sold us on the health benefits of it.

There are 2 kinds of diatomaceous earth. 

1.)The kind you can use to kill bugs and rodents. Apparently they use it for pools in some way.
    Not for human consumption


2.) 100% food grade diatomaceous earth. This is the kind you should be consuming. It is also safe for pets. Make sure it says 100% food grade. So far I have not been able to find it in stores, I have had to order it online. I provided the links to the diatomaceous earth I bought.


We started out with the 2.5 pound container, then realized we were gonna need a bigger bag. So today, I ordered the 10 pound bag. 

They say you should start out with a small dose and work your way up to 1 tablespoon in the morning on an empty stomach, and 1 tablespoon at night. The reasoning behind this is that the diatomaceous earth works as detoxification in the body. It is supposed to absorbs toxins, and kill any parasites or worms you may have. So if you take the full tablespoon right away, it could make you feel run down or even make you feel like you are starting to get sick. So we started with a 1/2 teaspoon to see how our bodies would react to it. After a few days, we felt good enough to move up to 1 teaspoon. Another few days went by, and we moved up to 1/2 tablespoon. And finally after a few more days, we moved to 1 tablespoon in the morning. Just a couple of days ago, we added another tablespoon in the afternoon or at night just before dinner. In the video link below, she explains all the health benefits of taking D.E..


The basics of D.E. is that it is silica, which is said to convert to calcium in the body. It induces production of collagen in the body which we need. It's kind of like the glue that holds us together. It's good for joints, arthritis, eczema, and so many other things. 

I wanted to give it to my grandma to see what it could do for her. We all started taking it the day before father's day. So it was June 18, 2016. We waited for it to come in the mail. The day that it came, my grandma was itching like crazy. She has been itching for about a year or so, with an unexplainable itch. It started on her scalp, then moved to her shoulders, and then eventually all over. Her arms and her back and her sides. I tried all kinds of things to help her stop itching. We tried scalp treatments, anti itch creams, we even asked the doctor for a prescription for allergy medicine, and we also tried fish oil. Nothing worked. Until now.

Things I've noticed

I noticed after 3-4 days of taking the D.E. I didn't hear her complaining about the itching anymore. She wasn't even taking a full dose. In fact, I started her on a  1/4 teaspoon to see how she would do. She seems to be doing fine with it, and she is up to a 1/2 tablespoon now. I heard that it is supposed to be great for your heart and blood pressure and all of that. I noticed that she is breathing better. For a little while, I was hearing her wheezing when she would breathe. I don't hear that anymore. I took her blood pressure and it seemed to be slightly better. I will have to take it again and see how it is. The color in her feet looks better, and I am very excited to see what else it does for her. I'm hoping that it helps with her arthritis, and loosens up her joints a bit so her feet aren't so stiff. I am also wondering how it will do for the cancer. We have reduced the size of the tumor significantly with our juicing, as well as turmeric and ginger capsules. I can't help but wonder if the diatomaceous earth will be the thing that gets rid whatever is left of it. We will have to wait and see.

These are the pictures of my grandma's arm the day before I started her on the diatomaceous earth. She was itching her arm and couldn't stop.





When I see more results, I will post another blog to update.














No comments:

Post a Comment